Palace asks Filipinos to support DOT’s ‘Visit the Philippines Again 2016’ campaign

MANILA, Nov. 8 -- Malacañang asked the Filipino public to support the Department of Tourism campaign for next year for the country to attract more visitors.

In a radio interview on Saturday, Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte mentioned the DOT's launch of the ‘Visit the Philippines Again 2016’, the DOT's tourism promotion campaign next year.

She also said the Department of Tourism also launched a contest of "epic picture failures," --- these are badly framed or funny photographs of tourists visiting the Philippines.

Should their photos be chosen, these tourists will be given an opportunity to once again visit the Philippines under the DOT campaign.

"Nakakatuwa, ang ganda po ng plug ng DOT, suportahan po natin ang kanilang bagong kampanya," she said over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan.

The DOT launched last month its marketing campaign for 2016 building on the tourism campaign used by the department this year.

The DOT tapped singer Apl.de.Ap, who is a popular entertainer and member of the group The Black Eyed Peas. The singer will write a song and appear in a video promoting the Philippines. (PCOO/PND (as)

 


 © 2015 PhilNews.com